Thursday, February 15, 2007

DSTO and AWD Bowling Night



It was going to be my first team outing and I found myself on Friday afternoon feeling some anticipation building about the bowling event. It was not necessarily the actual event itself, but more seeing the work groups in a social atmosphere. Before the event, I wasn't completely sure how much I would enjoy the bowling. Yet, after it was over, I found that I really enjoyed bowling and it was a good opportunity to get to know some of the other people in the office. Even though there was a limitation to the depth of our conversation because of the language barriers, it didn't stop the groups from being able to have a good time and joke around. All of them like to laugh and were in good spirits. As far as our bowling went, we weren't the shining stars of the group but most of them bowl on a somewhat consistent basis. I believe one person on my team hadn't bowled before and he did very well. I didn't bowl very well and left it down to the last frames to break the 100 barrier. As you can see from the pictures, the bowling alley was the coolest I have ever seen. They had a DJ, cool shoes, and served the Thai Tower of beer. However, the menu was missing nachos and other unhealthy fried foods that we craved at a bowling alley. The later pictures are courtesy of some DST photographers who took some good shots. Once the bowling was over, I had not had dinner so I went with John C. to get some chicken fingers that were good and helped fill the fried food void. After that, we went to have some beers and shoot pool. I found out that John C. is very good at pool and I'm not. When heading home in my taxi, I had some issues getting them to the correct hotel, but that is a common experience when you speak little(Nit Noy) Thai.

DSTO and AWD Bowling

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home