Sunday, April 22, 2007

Starry Night Company Party


Well, I must say they know how to hold a company party here in Asia. I have never been to a company party as impressive as this one. The annual company party was held at the Conrad Hotel, which is one of the nicest hotels in Bangkok. They had a large banquet room with our own MC for the evening. The theme was to be like a movie star at the Oscars and everyone was in their top gear. I arrived in a Limo(Taxi, there are no limos in Bangkok)and was sporting my suit designed by Dillard's, accompanied with a Marshall's shirt and tie. Apparently, I arrived too late for people to notice because I wasn't nominated for the best dressed contest and didn't show up in any of the High So magazines.

There was a large buffet with all sorts of good food. Also, they gave a number of prizes away ranging from day spas, to ipods, to cash. Each group at DSTI had to put on their own performance and they really got into their performances. I wish I would have taken more video because most were really prepared and were really into their acts. I found the Diana Ross "I will Survive" rendition especially entertaining and funny. Dianna was being played by a man with a mask and his best evening dress. It was a little strange, but all in good fun. Of course there was a song done by Nsync(Not sure how to spell) and then a couple of popular Thai songs. Once the groups had performed, they had a semi-famous singer named Lydia put on a 45 min. performance. My pictures weren't the best so I am going to get more from the rest of the group. It was a fun evening and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

Company Party Pictures