Thursday, February 15, 2007

Phra Pa Tow Chedi Temple


After a short nap in the car we arrived at another temple, Phra Pa Tow Chedi. The temple was very large with a surrounding walkway area that many different buddha statues and ancient writings. This place was, or is used as a school to teach students education and religion. There were many small teke desks and chairs that had been donated. The chairs were supposed to be very old but looked to be in good shape. All along the outer wall there were these teachings or writings. It was very cool as the outer awning gave shade from the sun and some relief from the heat. Many of the Thais stay out of the sun as much as possible. Their culture values being being white and usually darker skin means that you worked out in the sun as a farmer. For us, we again were standing in the sun trying to be less white. At one point there was a group of Thai students that picked me out and asked me to do an interview. The student spoke very good English and the rest of the students seemed to understand what I was saying. They were simple questions like where I was from, why I was in Thailand, did I like the food, did I like muy Thai boxing, etc. So I signed the paper and we took a picture. We walked around a little longer and watched Mathew run around and play with rocks. By this time the heat and the sun had worn out the group and we headed back home. I napped again and then went to bed when I returned to the hotel in preparation for another long day.

Temple Pictures

1 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home